Mayor and Council Members
The City of Lithonia is governed by a Mayor and a 5 member Council, all elected to 4-year terms. The Council is tasked with providing unsurpassed governmental duties through several avenues.
- Adopt ordinances, resolutions, policies and regulations for the health, safety and welfare of the current and future citizens
- Create departments, offices and citizen advisory committees necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the City
- Participate in community strategic and long-range planning
- Approve the municipal boundaries, sphere of influence and all annexations of land into the City
- Approve all zoning changes, subdivisions and commercial and industrial site plans. Approve all development agreements with residential, commercial and industrial developers
- Adopt the annual City budget